Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

End of Year Gift for Teachers

So I have finally found some time to be crafty!  AND it had nothing to do with the wedding :)  I have been surfing around on Pinterest trying to find some unique ideas for possible bridesmaids gifts and stumbled upon this little gem:

source
So I never read the full instructions....I just kind of winged the thing.  I made one for each of Julia's preschool teachers.  I tried to ask Julia what colors her teachers would like and she came up with green and neon orange.  Not. Happening.  So we compromised on purple since her class is the Purple People Eaters.  Here's what I came up with:


You can't really tell from the picture but I added some rhinestones to the circles around the monogram.  The ribbon doesn't match the paint color perfectly but it was on clearance at Joann's for a buck and trust me, the colors look a lot closer in person.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. OOOH!! I did those same bags for Mother's Day a couple of years ago. They're great little totes and using the doilies as stencils was super easy and fun. Great job! I still have to figure out a teacher gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! The bag is adorable and the fact it is homemade will go way further than you can probably guess. We have to craft together sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete